After having one of their best recruiting classes, if not the best, the Utes have positioned themselves for another successful season in the Pac 12.
But first up on the docket- Spring Camp
Looking at the one and only depth chart that came out the other day, there are a lot of new faces up on the hill. No surprise that some veteran players are nursing injuries and/or being held out, the Utes will get a good look at some of their younger players to see who will compete for a starting job in the fall.
Here are 6 things I am looking forward to during Spring Camp:
- Coach Troy Taylor and the new Offense: High Octane, Can’t Catch Your Breath, High Scoring Offense. What will the Offense look like? Do the Utes have the right personnel to make this transition successful?
- The Quarterback Battle: Williams vs Huntley. We all know Whittingham favors the experienced guy but you can’t count out Huntley especially in the type of Offense Coach Taylor wants to run.
- The Big Fellas Up Front: The Offensive Line has a lot of question marks and a lot of new faces. Who will step up to fill the shoes of a very good Offensive line?
- The Secondary: One returning starter in Chase Hansen. A lot of talent in the program and a lot more coming in the Fall. Who will make a name for themselves?
- The Kicking Game: Automatic Andy is gone, will Hayes Hicken be able to step up and continue the strong kicking game the Utes have established or with the new HIGH SCORING OFFENSE does he just need to be able to kick PATS?
- The Run Game: New Running Backs Coach in Kiel McDonald, New Offense, New System. Will the Utes continue that strong running game for which they are known for?
What are you looking forward to or what questions do you want to see answered during Spring Camp?