I’ve spent some time going back through the season in my head and I can recall a lot of great moments. However, I can also remember a lot of things that disappointed me. Although their were moments that I wish would have turned out differently, in a way I am glad that RSL was able to go through some major struggles. Entering the MLS playoffs I can see some real solid reasons why RSL will make it to the MLS Cup Final in Los Angeles on November 20th.
Here are some of the reasons RSL will get to the MLS Cup Final.
- The team is almost, and most likely will be, at full strength when it is time to play the first playoff game. With Javier Morales back up to speed and having a few games under his belt after that horrific ankle injury, he really seems to be finding his legs and his touch that was sorely missed for most of the season. Also Ned Garbavoy and Tony Beltran should be back and available for the playoffs. Jason Kreis can finally put the team on the field that nearly won the CONCACAF Final.
- The forwards have really started to play well off of each other and have been producing more opportunities to score goals.
- The youngsters have had some needed experience during this tumultuous season. Most importantly Luis Gill has gotten valuable playing time and has emerged as a real option for this team in the midfield and up top. This will be a real benefit if anything happens to the starting 11.
- RSL was the best team at the start of the season, had bad luck, and things have started to head on the upswing.
- RSL is being under estimated. Everywhere I read I see that this team is limping into the playoffs and that they will not challenge anyone. Be certain that the team knows this is being said and will have plenty of motivation to get back to the dominant ways that lead them to the CONCACAF Finals.
This team will succeed and will show all those outside of Utah that you don’t want to meet them home or away.